Wednesday 19 June 2013

Why I am supporting St John

I am thrilled to be supporting St John this year through their Annual Appeal.

I will be going out on an Ambulance observation shift on Saturday 29 June between 6.00pm and 9.00pm. As well as seeing the work of St John Ambulance crews as they care for the people of Christchurch, I’m also looking forward to getting a better understanding of the challenges and issues which St John is facing in the post-earthquake rebuild of our city.

Did you know St John is a charity? Don’t worry if you didn’t - many people don’t. However it’s true. St John relies on the generosity and support of the community so it can continue to do the fantastic work it does in the community. Without our help, they can’t help. Every year St John has to raise $10 million in the South Island alone, so the money raised during the St John Annual Appeal is incredibly important. This year St John is trying to raise $2 million nationally and over $400,000 in the South Island.

I hope that you will support me and St John as I go out on the road with the hard working Ambulance Officers of New Zealand’s biggest Ambulance Service. Any donation is greatly received and will be used within the community.

Please click here to go to my fundraising page.

No comments:

Post a Comment