Wednesday 23 January 2013

So we are back and ready for action!



I hope most of you managed to find time to catch a bit of a break. I did, in beautiful Wanaka. I have attached a sunset that was one of the more attractive I saw. It was good to get away and reflect on the past year. I also spent a fair amount of time considering what we have ahead of us  in 2013.


I have no doubt that this is the year when our problems will mostly be around managing the scale of the Christchurch rebuild. Already (and over the holiday break) there was significant debate about where and how the people we require for the rebuild will be sourced. We can also expect significant strain on other resources. It is a little scary that more ready-mix concrete is being poured in Christchurch right now than in the whole of Auckland. This says to me that we need to be thinking lead times, we need to be considering how we are going to manage the growth of our businesses and we certainly need to be positioning ourselves to maximise the advantage we gain from being involved in New Zealand’s biggest ever Economic Development project. As always CECC is at your service, refreshed and ready to assist you with all of your business issues. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment