Wednesday 22 February 2012

February 22 is going to mean many different things to many different people

For most of us it will be a time to reflect and to remember what we have all been through over the past year. It will also be a time to look forward and to really begin to consider how best we can concentrate on rebuilding our city.

I have had a series of meetings in Auckland and Wellington over the past week and have been the recipient of many messages of goodwill from compassionate New Zealanders during my travels. It is good to feel part of one big family at this time.

While in Auckland I visited the Wynyard Wharf area as storm clouds rumbled around the city. I could not resist the attached photo with the light catching a super-yacht and the storm clouds brewing in the background.

I hope you all mark February 22 in your own special way and prepare yourselves for the positive challenges ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment